> IMO, there is only one search engine that matters anymore and it's Google.

That's your opinion, but I disagree.  Sure, Google is leaps and bounds
better than the other search engines out there, but that doesn't mean you
can forget about the rest of them.

> IMO, Search engine safe URL's are pretty much a thing of the past.
> Almost all bots index pages with query strings..

Google is still the only search engine that can index and follow links with
query strings.  AltaVista can index them, but the spiders won't follow the
links.

Nick