From: Jeffry Houser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 9:51 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Intranet apps

At 09:49 AM 03/08/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Not to ruin the party or be overly nosey, but please don't put local
weather
>information on your corporate intranet, that's just plain wrong in so many
>ways.

  I don't understand what is so wrong about it, however your description
below is obviously a flawed implementation.  I see no reason why you can't
get local weather based on the user's sign in.  ( New York people see New
York info, Chicago people see Chicago info, etc.. )

>  When I worked for a global company based in Minneapolis, I would login
>to their corporate intranet and 70% of the page was the local, Minneapolis
>weather forecast. I'm sure the intentions were good, but everyone from New
>York, Chicago, LA, UK, etc would get a nice big browser full of "26 and
>heavy snow" each time they needed information about the actual company.
It's

--
Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Need a Web Developer?  Contact me!