From: Kym Kovan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 6:57 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: RePlace... NOT!

Hi Tony,

>A standard piece of our code no longer seems to work - I am at a loss as to
>why. We have tested it today on CF 4.5 and CF5.
>
>It is a simple replace action on fields with commas and carriage returns...
>here is the code snap from the insert state VALUE section:
>
>'#Replace(form.textarea, "#chr(13)##chr(10)#", " ", "ALL")#',
>
>am I crazy? am I missing something?

What you are do there is replacing the CRLF pair with a space. I see no
treatment for commas at all. chr(13) is a CR and chr(10) is a LF, the
standard pair at the end of a line, except if you live in Unix world
:-)  You need to do it again for commas: '#Replace(form.textarea, ",", " ",
"ALL")#'

--

Yours,

Kym