Can open, worms all over the floor!

IMHO - Fusebox is a methodology with a lot of dedicated followers - if you
come to CF from a "coders" background it's very rare for you to adopt
fusebox (unless you are first taught this way), however if you come to CF
from a "programmers" background you will take to fusebox like a java built
duck to object oriented water.

Advantages:
1) re-use your code (build something once, then plug it in again and again
to each of your solutions) - reuse code in a O-O style.
2) work by piece rate (farm out whole sections of your product and have
people in sweat shops work over "fuses" for you while never being able to
see the whole picture) - remote and rapid component development
3) build the bricks first then make rooms then slot the rooms together
(build a site completely before you even put it together) - rapid component
development and site building.

Disadvantages:
1) Non-linear development structure (hard to get your head around if you
build sites "organically" from seed to flower - fusebox seems like DNA level
work - where you can build the flower first then get around to the seed.)
2) Needs very good documentation to follow (very hard to "fix" an error in a
site if you weren't responsible for boxing all the fuses - really depends on
how well the site was built along the fb guidelines)
3) Hard to re-train if you're not a programmer - we've got 8 CF developers
world-wide working for us and only two of them use FB - both of these come
from hard-core programming backgrounds, others have tried and given up - FB
is a lifestyle choice and not just for Christmas!

Hal Helms is the daddy, anything written by him is groovy - but I think
there may be two FB camps now....