Friends...

I am as shocked as you are at the speed of the Developer Exchange and am
painfully aware of the effects that the new speed have had in your daily work.

I wanted to let you know that we were not going to take this lying down.

I have formulated a plan to reintroduce a lag into the Developer Exchange.

1. Reduce the servers to one machine and replace that with a Compaq Deskpro
386, that I brought with me when I left Ashton-Tate.

2. Introduce calls to the SETI on the web project to process every time a
new page is called.

3. Reduce the text size for ALL browsers so you don't need to use NS6.

4. Turn the system off for maintenance at random times twice per day
between 6am and 5pm Pacific time.

5. Create a random letter insert program to change developers names,
passwords and download names.

I hope you will all bear with us in these troubled time.

PS. VERY glad you all noticed that we had cleaned up some of the problems.  :-)
We really are trying to make this a superb resource that will be even
better than it was at Allaire.