My company is getting ready to move to a clustered environment. We currently use
session variables for our shopping cart.

I keep seeing posts about needing to convert to client variables for load balancing,
despite the fact that the CF5 Advanced  CF Administration manual (chp 12, Configuring
ColdFusion Clusters) states:

"To ensure that users are not redirected from the server on which they start their
session, ClusterCATS provides a built-in feature for enabling session-aware load
balancing."

So ... I'm getting nervous here. Does anyone have experience with session-aware load
balancing in ClusterCATS? Is there some reason that everyone is recommending client
variables?

Thanks in advance,
Matt Kornguth
Web Applications Developer