From: Matthew R. Small [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 2:39 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: ClusterCATS and "stickiness

As I understand it, clustercats will loadbalance an initial request to a
server with the best response time.  Every request after that from the
same session will then be re-directed to the same server.  This is
"sticky sessions" and will(should) enable you to keep using session
variables.  If you weren't using sticky sessions, the server that
processes the request from the client would probably change for every
request. In that case, I imagine the best thing to do would be convert
all session vars to client so they be returned to the server for proper
processing.

- Matt Small