> We run Oracle 8 here with CF5 Ent. You have two choices.
> CF Enterprise comes with Native Oracle drivers. You can
> also use the MS odbc drivers for Oracle. They are very
> solid and very fast. I've read somewhere (can't remember
> where) that the latest MS ODBC drivers for Oracle are
> actually faster with CF than the Native. We have Oracle
> running on IBM and as a result, we have an issue with
> the Native drivers, so we use the Microsoft ODBC
> exclusively.

Are you sure you're using the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle, or could you
be referring to the Merant ODBC wire-protocol driver for Oracle provided in
CF 5?

We've had bad experiences with the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle, and of
course that's not even an option for a lot of our Oracle work, which is on
Solaris.

I've heard very good things about the Merant wire-protocol drivers, and have
implemented them successfully against Sybase on Solaris, but haven't been
able to get them to work at all against Oracle (I haven't tried too hard,
either, though).

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496