From: phumes1 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 10:07 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Running code just one time

I get the following error...

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic InformationAn error occurred while evaluating the
expression:  REQUEST.isLoggedIn = IsDefined(SESSION.isLoggedIn)Error near
line 23, column 11. Error resolving parameter SESSION.ISLOGGEDIN The
session variable ISLOGGEDIN does not exist. The cause of this error is very
likely one of the following things: The name of the session variable has
been misspelled. The session variable has not yet been created. The session
variable has timed out.The error occurred while processing an element with
a general identifier of (CFSET), occupying document position (23:5) to
(23:62).Date/Time: 03/20/02 11:06:35
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; msnca3; Q312461)

At 10:43 AM 3/20/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Here is the exact code you want.  You should put it in the Application.cfm
>insted of the index.cfm so it gets run regardless of what page the user
>starts out on (they might have a hyperlink to another page).
>
><cflock scope="SESSION" type="readonly" timeout="10">
>     <!--- copy to Request scope whether or not the user is logged in, as
> defined by the existence of a session variable. --->
>     <cfset REQUEST.isLoggedIn = IsDefined(SESSION.isLoggedIn)>
></cflock>
>
><cfif NOT REQUEST.isLoggedIn>
>     <!--- if the user has not logged in (ie, this code has not been run
> before) run the code --->
>     [insert custom tag call here]
>     <cflock scope="SESSION" type="exclusive" timeout="10">
>         <cfset SESSION.isLoggedIn = 1>
>     </clock>
></cfif>
>
>Now, when the page runs again, the session variable "isLoggedIn" will
>prevent the code from running everytime.
>
>If you're not clear on the concept of session scope or the
>application.cfm, please let us know.  It makes all the difference for
>understanding how this might work.
>
>Sharon DiOrio

In