> It's more a "what flavor of 'Nix" issue... CF runs on
> Linux and HP_UX.

.. and Solaris. It's worth noting, though, that there can be quite a bit of
variation between one flavor of Unix and another, and MM has been pretty
conservative about what's a supported configuration. There'll be more
concern for getting other flavors of Unix/Linux on Intel supported, I think,
before anyone at MM cares to support OS X. For an idea of how complex these
issues can get, check out the archive for the cf-linux list.

Also, I'm not sure whether you can just take binaries from other platforms
and run them on OS X. I suspect not - Mac processors are big-endian and
Intel processors are little-endian (or is it the other way around - I can
never remember), so you probably can't just run the Linux version in
compatibility mode, like I suggested a minute ago.

And again, while OS X can run all this nifty software, who's actually buying
servers from Apple? Can you rack-mount those new iMacs?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444