Thanks for your feedback and to answer Mr. Watt's question I believe that
the PPC device has to be both server and client because full time network
connectivity is not assumed.

In a typical scenario for a realestate person, field worker, factory manager
or anyone else that can only perodically connect to a backend database
server,  I would like to see the ability for a device to syncronize with a
database only and then your CF app is run locally.

Yes WAP and WML are helping the client interprete data from the server but
that is only half the equation.

A little off topic, I learned this new term yesterday call a "Neighbourhood
Area Network" or  (NAN).  It is simply a local Wi-Fi network with a range of
300 feet that is connected to several other  NANs.  And if there is enough
of them they make for a huge network.  See http://www.freenetworks.org/

I really appreciate the dialog on this topic.

David Adams CFUG Ottawa

It is an environment where a device can become present on a Neighbourhood
Area Network  (NAN) for brief periods of time or