From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 1:19 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFCookie vs Javascript cookie vs ASP cookie ??

> Experience tells me that ASP and Javascript have problems
> reading cookies set by Cold Fusion. And Cold Fusion seems
> to have problems reading cookies set in JS or ASP.
>
> I'm just curious if I'm the only one seeing this behaviour,
> or maybe I've missed something in my understanding of how
> the cookies are supposed to work.

That hasn't been my experience; cookies are cookies, and the browser doesn't
care (or even know) which cookies are set by what program type.

That said, it's possible that you're using different paths, hosts or domains
between the three, in which case one application may not see cookies written
by another application.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496