That would be true were we running applications where stored procedures and
triggers are absolutely necessary.  The reality for >most< of the world is
that, while they are useful, they are far from necessary.

For the others, we will keep our behemoth SQL 2k server plugged in for the
time being.

In the short term, we just put all our sp's back into CF.  For the long
term, MySQL 4.1 will have stored procedures, nested subqueries and foreign
key constraints.