> I have to run a shell script in a Linux server(I have all
> the permissions) using a cold fusion page but my cold
> fusion is runing in a Windows NT. Can i use cfhttp type=POST
> (CGI).? If yes how can i get the output(text printed on
> the scream) into a variable?

Probably not, since you said it was a shell script that you wanted to run.
CFHTTP would require that you have a web server and CGI script on the Linux
server.

You could write a batch file on your Windows server to handle connecting via
telnet or ssh to the Linux box, and running the script, and capturing the
output from the script. You could then call that batch file from CFEXECUTE.
Note that this will be complicated, probably, and may be difficult to debug.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444