Here's the code I've written so far in my attempt to use WDDX to pass around
an array on a clustered server ... where I'm stuck is with getting the array
out of the packet and appending to it.  (more comments after the code):

<cfif NOT IsDefined('client.CartItems')>

<!--- if no cart, create it and populate it with the first item --->
<cfscript>
cart = ArrayNew(1);
item = StructNew();
item.itemEmployersID = '#client.CART_ID#';
item.itemName = '#form.ItemName#';
item.itemQuanity = '#quanity#';
item.itemPrice = '#form.Price#';
item.itemCategoryID = '#form.Category_ID#';

CartItems = ArrayAppend(cart, item);

</cfscript>

<cfwddx action="CFML2WDDX"
        input="#CartItems#"
        output="client.CartItems"
        usetimezoneinfo="No">

<cfelse>

<cfwddx action="WDDX2CFML"
        input="#client.CartItems#"
        output="Cart">

<cfscript>

item = StructNew();
item.itemEmployersID = '#client.CART_ID#';
item.itemName = '#form.ItemName#';
item.itemQuanity = '#quanity#';
item.itemPrice = '#form.Price#';
item.itemCategoryID = '#form.Category_ID#';

CartItems = ArrayAppend(cart, item);

</cfscript>

<cfwddx action="CFML2WDDX"
        input="#CartItems#"
        output="client.CartItems"
        usetimezoneinfo="No">

</cfif>

Right now I'm getting an error at line 79: CartItems = ArrayAppend(cart,
item);

Parameter 1 of function ArrayAppend which is now "YES" must be an array

So I'm not sure how I get an array again and then append to it.

H.