Because iMS-SE is a mail server that is tightly integrated with ColdFusion, it can
offer several features that other CFMAIL
replacements can't offer including:

- Real-time delivery status (you can know exactly when an email was delivered or if
the delivery is deferred or if the email cannot
be delivered)

- Mail is sent via SMTP only once (remailer solutions, like ActivMail, send mail via
SMTP to an external email server that then
needs to send the mail again)

- iMS-SE comes with an internal, secure SMTP relay server so you can continue using
CFMAIL.  Of course, you can also use the
included CFX tag (which gives you many additional features) and also the included COM
object which allows you to use iMS with other
application servers (like ASP) and other applications like MS SQL Server.

- iMS is scalable.  All you need to do is add additional iMS servers or upgrade your
iMS-SE product to our Professional or
Enterprise offerings.

- iMS offers 10 priority queues so that you can determine the delivery priority of all
outgoing mail.

- iMS includes a scheduler server (CFSchedule replacement).

There are many, many more features that iMS has including tokenized emails (akin to a
mail merge).  iMS-SE 2.2 (soon-to-be released
free upgrade) will also include a built-in server to process email bounces.  This will
allow you to track undeliverable email like
no other email solution for application servers.

There are many more details on our comparison page,
http://www.coolfusion.com/imssecomparison.cfm

You can install a 60-day fully-functional trial from www.coolfusion.com.

Regards,

--