Matt and Tony,

Thanks for the quick response. Your messages confirmed some of my
assumptions. Here's what my hosting company support had to say about it:

> Hi Chris, we create a DSN for each individual client who wants CV
> storage.  You could use either an AccessDB or an MSSQL db for this.  It
> is probably best to have an empty one, as the CF Administrator will
> create the tables necessary.  As you already have a DSN associated with
> this account an additional one would incur a $5/month charge.  You could
> avoid this charge by using your current database for CV storage, as the
> table names that are created are fairly unique.  However, do this at
> your own risk.  Please let us know if you have any further questions.

I think I will be able to work with just having them configure my already
existing datasource to store client vars. It's for a fairly small site and I
don't really expect lots of traffic.

Thanks again.

Chris Montgomery        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Airtight Web Services
Web Development, Web Project Management, Software Sales
Macromedia Sales & Consulting Partner
210-490-3249/888-745-7603