Here's what I was trying to do based on an ASP VBScript example.

ASP VBScript:
SET a.b = c

CFML:
<cfset a.b = c>

a is a COM object.
b is a property of a that returns an object (i.e. not a simple value).
c is an instantiated object of the same type as b.

When a is instantiated, the property b is set to Nothing (i.e. void).

Both the instantiation of a and c were done via CFOBJECT tag (as opposed to the
CreateObject() function which I have close to zero faith in from my experience in CF
4.5.x).

I get the following error in CFML:
COM error 0x80070005. Access is denied.

The code worked fine in ASP VBScript.

CFAS is 5.0 Enterprise (eval/single-user) running on Windows 2000 Server.

So, what gives? :)

Preliminary/Cursory search of cfcomet did not yield anything useful.

Hope to hear something from you gurus here. :)

James Ang
[EMAIL PROTECTED]