> Here's what I was trying to do based on an ASP VBScript
> example.
>
> ASP VBScript:
> SET a.b = c
>
> CFML:
> <cfset a.b = c>
>
> a is a COM object.
> b is a property of a that returns an object (i.e. not a
> simple value). c is an instantiated object of the same
> type as b.
>
> When a is instantiated, the property b is set to Nothing
> (i.e. void).
>
> Both the instantiation of a and c were done via CFOBJECT
> tag (as opposed to the CreateObject() function which I have
> close to zero faith in from my experience in CF 4.5.x).
>
> I get the following error in CFML:
> COM error 0x80070005. Access is denied.
>
> The code worked fine in ASP VBScript.
>
> CFAS is 5.0 Enterprise (eval/single-user) running on Windows
> 2000 Server.
>
> So, what gives? :)
>
> Preliminary/Cursory search of cfcomet did not yield anything
> useful.

CF doesn't handle object hierarchies very well, in my experience. You might
try creating a variable in CF to reference each level of the hierarchy:

<cfobject name="a" ...>

<cfset mynestedobj = a.b>
<cfset mynestedobj = c>

However, that may not work either, I suppose, depending on where c comes
from.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496