> why not just use cfqueryparam, it validates and it makes your
> sql code run faster???

While using CFQUERYPARAM can provide better performance than not using it,
certain platforms will benefit more from stored procedures than from
prepared statements - SQL Server, for example. On the other hand, I've been
told that in many cases Oracle benefits more from prepared statements than
from stored procedures, so I guess you have to know what will perform best
on your platform.

However, from a security perspective, stored procedures provide more than
simple data validation. If you use stored procedures exclusively, you can
limit access from the application to only those stored procedures, which
prevents an attacker from running any query other than those you've written
yourself as stored procedures.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496