i need someone to give me the loaddown on how cferror looks for the
templates. here's the situation. i have a site the where i have a template
called settings.cfm that i put all of the settings for the site in. this
includes the cfapplication tag, a bunch of global variables, and the cferror
tags. now the reason i do this is because i use the application.cfm tag to
also include the header.cfm file, which is the header for that particular
section. This setup allows me to write the settings once and include them in
child directories while being able to change the header for each child
directory if i want. ok, enough with the setup, now onto the question. the
thing is, i usually make a blobal variable called request.serverroot which
is the root path of the website, usually this is set to "/". so in my
settings.cfm, in the root directory of the website, i call the cferror tags.
the template path parameter of these tags, i set to
"#request.serverroot#error.cfm". which equates to "/error.cfm", which is
where the error.cfm is, in my root directory. the thing is when i include
the settings.cfm file in child directories and cause an error, i get a 404
error saying that it can't find the error.cfm template. yet if i change the
template path of the cferror tag to just "error.cfm", the error page comes
up?!? so how does cferror look for the template? does it work the
application.cfm, where it will look up the directory structure for the
template. it's working now, i just would like some clearance on this. sorry
for the long post.

Anthony Petruzzi
Webmaster
954-321-4703