Yup, you're right. Well in that case on with the ensuing flame war.

First the caveats; CFMX has not been tuned for performance yet according
to MM.

With that aside, I have been working with Neo since the alpha days and
have seen it change quite a bit since then. During that time I have
learned that CFMX will have a performance threshold very close to that
of JSP. For those of you who don't know, JSP doesn't actually perform
that well. On a single server, a properly built CF 5 application would
blow away a properly built JSP application. This is a fact that can be
easily proved today. However, JSP is more scalable than CF 5. This is an
important distinction depending on what type of load your application is
planning on supporting. If you are a shared hosting provider, you will
be able to support less web applications on the same server than with CF
5. If you maintain a small site that only uses a single server, you will
need more server resources to provide the same level of performance you
are used today with CF 5.

With all that being said, if you currently run a web application that
depends on more than one CF server, CFMX is going to be great. Using
J2EE, you will be able to partition your application on top different
servers to increase its scalability. With a properly built CFMX
application you will be able to simply add more servers as needed.

-Matt