matt,

can you send the links / benchmarks you are seeing comparing j2ee
performance to cf5?

you can send them to me directly if you like.

just doing a quick search on google i came up with:

http://web.oreilly.com/news/coldfusion2_0901.html

"Additionally, it allows ColdFusion to leverage the strengths of the
J2EE platform--mainly the performance boost you get from using compiled
byte code..."

now, this is not the final word of course, but i think that it
demonstrates the issue is not as clear cut as you make it out to be.

the only CF / JSP / Java comparisons i could find (with a quick search)
used CF 4.5.

also, keep in mind that we are talking about a new version of a j2ee
server (jrun) which could be significantly faster than past editions.
Finally, since a lot of the final development is focused on performance
tuning, it really is too early to determine where CFMX with fall
performance wise.

thanks...

mike chambers

[EMAIL PROTECTED]