Reminder from the download page:

Any software designated as preview release software is not a final product...

Note the phrase "Not a final product."

I don't know the status of this particular issue (yes, I've seen it too), but I do
know that just because it's in the preview release doesn't necessarily mean it will
ship that way (nor do I know that it won't either, to be honest!).

Let's don't pile on with "pushed out the door too soon" because there's a glitch in
the "not final" product. =)

BTW, the workaround is change the filename in Windows explorer. If you need to update
links, use Find & replace.