Or

"To ReArrange the toolbars on the top of the editor simply right click
and select 'Organize Quick Bar...'"

or

"To create a custom toolbar, simply click on the toolbars and select
'Customize...'"

or

"To view a list of local files not contained within a 'SITE' in less
than 3 minutes, simply look to the Directory Listing on the left hand
pane..."

or

"To connect to a remote server using FTP or RDS without having to create
a site definition for the entire site ..."

Seriously - why does the "directory listing" in DWMX take 3-4 minutes to
retrieve the contents of my LOCAL websites directory in my f: drive?
Every time I open a new folder it does it all over again and it really
takes a long long time.

I manage a LOT of sites that we host - and it's a real pain to have to
make a "SITE" for every single one just to make 1 page modification. Why
would you remove such elegant functionality? FTP/RDS was one of the
features that really set Studio apart from other IDEs. Why would you
remove functionality in an upgrade? Not everyone wants to be "Wizarded"
through every phase of development.

Hopefully I'm just missing something and someone here will point me in
the right direction for the old, more functional and faster file panel
while in Code Layout.

PLEASE

Joshua Miller
Web Development :: Programming