"I'll also disable the back button."  This is my Holy Grail, how are you
going to do it?

Shawn McKee

-----Original Message-----
From: cf refactoring [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 9:53 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: checkout exit survey

Our marketing department wants to know why people
abandon the checkout process, so they've tasked IT
with creating a survey which pops up when people
abandon their cart.

I'm thinking what I'll do is to capture the onunload
event for each page of the checkout process, and that
on unload I'll check to see if the user is leaving the
page via one of the links/forms on the page, or by
some other method. If it's by some other method, I'll
pop up the survey. I'll also disable the back button.

This won't capture all the abandonment, but it seems
to me to be the least intrusive = least likely to
popup when it's not supposed to.

I'd appreciate any alternatives and any suggestions to
make this less intrusive.

=====
I-Lin Kuo
Macromedia CF5 Advanced Developer