This is what I use.... I picked it up off .... I don't actually remember where.... but
it works great.

----- this is what I use ---

<!--- At times developers are frustrated that the session does not end
 when the user closes their browser—that they must wait for the session
  to time out. If you’ve found yourself wishing for this behavior in
  session variables, you’ll be happy to know that you can implement this very easily:
--->

<cfif IsDefined( "Cookie.CFID" ) AND IsDefined( "Cookie.CFTOKEN" )>
  <cfset localCFID = Cookie.CFID>
  <cfset localCFTOKEN = Cookie.CFTOKEN>
  <cfcookie name="CFID" value="#localCFID#">
  <cfcookie name="CFTOKEN" value="#localCFTOKEN#">
</cfif>

<!---
 Place this code right beneath your <cfapplication> tag. This code first
 checks to see if the cookies CFID and CFTOKEN exist. Remember that
 ColdFusion will try to set these as cookie variables in the <cfapplication> tag.
 If they are there, set by <cfapplication> (and due to the peculiar way cookies
operate, they will appear to be present even if the user has their cookies turned
off), the value of these cookies will be read into two local variables.

 Then the pair of cookies will be overwritten, using the same values they had
 previously, but this time deliberately omitting the expires property of the
 <cfcookie> tag. Leaving off the expires property causes the cookie to remain
 in the browser memory, but not to be written to the user’s disk. When the
 browser is closed, the cookie information goes with it and, by inference,
 so goes the session.
--->