Wow, this looks great!

I was just curious, would it be difficult to do the same implementation
without the use of cookies for the session?  I have a few applications
where I append the CFID and CFTOKEN to the URL and pass it through as
such..

I was thinking something like this might do the trick?  (I define the
session.variable once the session is created):

<cfif IsDefined( "session.CFID" ) AND IsDefined( "session.CFTOKEN" )>
 <cfset localCFID = session.CFID>
 <cfset localCFTOKEN = session.CFTOKEN>
 <cfset session.CFID="#localCFID#">
 <cfset session.cftoken="#localCFTOKEN#>
</cfif>

Thanks in Advance,
Jas

- - - ORIGINAL CODE - - -

"<!--- At times developers are frustrated that the session does not end
when the user closes their browser&#8212;that they must wait for the session
 to time out. If you&#8217;ve found yourself wishing for this behavior in
 session variables, you&#8217;ll be happy to know that you can implement this
very easily: --->

<cfif IsDefined( ""Cookie.CFID"" ) AND IsDefined( ""Cookie.CFTOKEN"" )>
 <cfset localCFID = Cookie.CFID>
 <cfset localCFTOKEN = Cookie.CFTOKEN>
 <cfcookie name=""CFID"" value=""#localCFID#"">
 <cfcookie name=""CFTOKEN"" value=""#localCFTOKEN#"">
</cfif>

<!---
Place this code right beneath your <cfapplication> tag. This code first
checks to see if the cookies CFID and CFTOKEN exist. Remember that
ColdFusion will try to set these as cookie variables in the
<cfapplication> tag.
If they are there, set by <cfapplication> (and due to the peculiar way
cookies operate, they will appear to be present even if the user has
their cookies turned off), the value of these cookies will be read into
two local variables.

Then the pair of cookies will be overwritten, using the same values
they had previously, but this time deliberately omitting the expires
property of the <cfcookie> tag. Leaving off the expires property causes
the cookie to remain in the browser memory, but not to be written to
the user&#8217;s disk. When the browser is closed, the cookie information
goes with it and, by inference, so goes the session.
--->"