From: William H. Bowen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 May 2002 00:17
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Find a string and then italicize all after to next "chr32

I know what I want to do but am not sure where (or how) to start

Background: we have product names (most companies do; odd that :-). A
decision was made that the product name in all our literature, web sites
etc. be split thusly:

ProductFamilyProductFunction

The ProductFamily portion of the name is bold and the ProductFunction part
of the name is italic (no bold) like so:

I used the Highlight UDF on cflib.org (thanks Ray!!) to find the e-terra
portion of the string and bold it, no problem. Now on all pages of the site
I am building every occurence of e-terra is bold(ed) when it is found in the
database and written to the browser.

now, the question; what can I do in order to make the second half of the
name appear italicised? I know that it will involve finding every instance
of e-terra but where do I go from there? I would search for specific strings
attached to e-terra, but we currently have 47 products in that product
family.

Any thoughts?

TIA
will
----

William H. Bowen
Webmaster
ALSTOM's Energy Management and Markets Business

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.esca.com/