What, may I ask, are you trying to do with it?

If you are trying to garner info out of it, may I suggest grep, sed & awk, or perl?
Depending on your need for searching.

If you need to query it as if it were data, do you have access to MSSQL and DTS? You
could import the whole darn thing into a table.

If you need to analyze the info in it (look for patterns and such), there are a number
of free web log analysis tools out there.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/21/02 05:15PM >>>
If I have a 270 MB log file, can I use CF to split it up into say ten 27 MB
files or some such thing?  Or maybe into like 100,000 lines per file or some
such thing.

I'm currently finding it impossible to view the contents of this file due to
the size.  Purchased a file splitting utility, but it was unable to do the
task.  Have not been able to load the file in Notepad or Word.

I'm hoping there might be a CF way around this.

Thanks,
Charles Nahm
Sonic Networks Inc.