Let me expand this a bit more:

<CFSCRIPT>

 <!--- initialize the total variable to hold the sum of the array's
value --->
 total = 0;

 for(i = 1; i lt arrayLen(studentInfo[5]); i = i + 1){
        total = total + studentInfo[5][i];
 }

        average = total / arrayLen(studentInfo[5]);

</CFSCRIPT>

StudentInfo being what I called the array. This will do it for a 2
dimensional array.

Tim Heald
ACP/CCFD :)
Application Development