Dave wrote,
> When you create a database, it's up to you to specify where
> the data and log files will be created. Depending on how you
> created the database

Well, now I'm doubly mystified.  I ran the MSDE install off my Office XP CD.  Of
course there was no enterprise manager, so my next step was to install a datasource in
Win's ODBC applet.  The wizard gave no file paths to specify... just a server name.

After securing the sa acct and making a tweak in CF Admin (to use a trusted connection
as its a dev box) I was able to create tables and insert/update/delete in them via CF.

Tried searching for .mdf's, and only got the defaults I mentioned earlier, whose file
times are stuck at my install time.  Same with a dir *.mdf /s in a cmd window.

Any ideas?  Obviously I'm clueless.