Dave wrote,

> Well, in that case, you didn't create a database at all
> - you just created tables in the default database.

I suspected as much.  Fortunately I'm only playing on a dev box so no
permanent damage is done.  I see now the place where I select the db -
the ''change the default database to'' drop-down.

> I'd recommend getting a copy of the SQL Server Books Online
> (available at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.
com/support/SQL/default.asp
> - scroll down to the appropriate version) and using the OSQL
> command-line client to run your SQL batches.

Perfect!  Thanks!  Had this on my other dev box as it has the full SQL
Server trial ed on it, but hadn't waded thru it yet.

--Matt--