> I thought the variables scope was local to an individual
> page. These variables (set unscoped in application.cfm)
> are used throughout the entire application. That's why I
> asked.

Whenever you set a variable in the local or Request scopes within
Application.cfm, that variable will be available as a local or Request
variable within every page that uses that Application.cfm file. However, the
variables are still local, in that they're created and destroyed for each
individual page - if one page changes the value of the variable, that change
won't persist to the next page that uses Application.cfm.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444