Actually, we've done this, and yes.. Only way we found to do it was in
JS.

You're right, it's annoying if it's just for basic info.  However, if
they're about to lose a whole lot of work that they've typed in, and
simply were distracted.. they appreciate it.

Depends on the need, I guess.

Lee Fuller
PrimeDNA / AAA Web Hosting Corporations