----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick de Voil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
If you'd rather silently refresh the session of a user who's still in
your
site, without prompting them, this can be done surprisingly easily with
JavaScript:
---------------------------

If you needed to do this, I guess you could just manage sessions with
persistent client variables instead of CF session variables, and delete
them with code when someone logs out. You'd lose the security value of
sessions timing out if someone leaves their browser with a logged-in
session.

But I had racked my brain trying to think of how to generate a request
with JS before I decided on using frames! Thanks for the idea. I guess
someone not wanting to use frames or a pop-up window for the 'refresh
request' could do this.

- Gyrus

- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
work: http://www.tengai.co.uk