>Would it be possible to have some sort of reference to the original thread,
>but treat the new subject as a new thread?  My thoughts are that if you can
>provide a reference to the original thread then it would make sense to have
>a subject change become a new thread.  But sometimes it's useful to know how
>a conversation got to where it is.  (grasping here, but maybe something like
>"Derived from: Another Thread - Click here to see it." somewhere in the new
>thread.)
Let me think of the easiest way to do that. OK, thought about it. I can add an
additional field to the threads table to say what the parent thread of a thread is.
It'll mean re-threading the entire DB of messages but should be do-able.

>Otherwise, the (WAS: Another Subject) convention has been working for me - I
>understand the shift in topics, and can still track back if needed.
>
>Thanks Michael.  Looking forward to the changes, and appreciate your hard
>work.
Thanks. Slowly it gets done. My current contract is done at the end of the month and I
may take a week or two to do some intense work on this before looking for new work. I
think I can afford that. :)