> If I have a cftry block which contains calls to custom
> tags, what happens if there is an error in one of the
> custom tags? I would expect that the exception would be
> thrown out and caught by the catch block of the cftry,
> but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm still getting
> untrapped errors out of the custom tags. Can anyone
> confirm this, or am I doing something wrong? CF version
> is 5.0 Professional.

You can, in fact, catch exceptions thrown by a custom tag within your
calling page. Not all errors are exceptions, though - if you have a
misspelled CFML tag in your custom tag, that will create a parsing error
which occurs before runtime, rather than a runtime exception.

In addition, the CFTRY block within your calling page has to contain CFCATCH
blocks with the appropriate types: no type specified (which is equivalent to
TYPE="ANY", more or less), TYPE="Application", or some custom type that's
thrown by the custom tag using CFTHROW.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496