From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10 June 2002 20:15
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Content management systems - help!

> We are looking to implement a content management system and
> am interested what you folks out there are using. Below are
> some of the features we would like. We currently have a Win2k
> server with CF5 and MSSQL2000. Preferably we would like to
> utilize this system. One product which we are considering is
> eMPower by Ektron. However, we would consider something non-cf
> based if it really stood out.
>
> - Windows platform
> - backend technology optional
> - database driven
> - restrict content creators to templates
> - workflow approval
> - content active/expire dates
> - CSS supported
> - Section 508 support a plus
>
> At this point, I am unsure what my organization's price cap
> is. We are a non-profit so price is a factor, but we want to
> get this right the first time. Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated!

We're very happy with CommonSpot, which may strike you as a bit
expensive up
front (around $25-30k, if I recall correctly) but comes with a ton of
functionality, with very little work getting it up and running. We're
CommonSpot resellers, so if you need any more information about it, we
can
get you whatever you need.

Of course, that sounds a little biased - there are plenty of CMS
solutions
out there, but again, we've had great success in deploying CommonSpot
solutions for far less total cost than with many other CMSs.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444