>>| From: Zac Spitzer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>>|
>>| I always name the pk of table  (table_name)_id...  I also
>>| tend to prefix ~ column names with an abbreviation of the
>>| table name, it makes life easier as there is more
>>| information there and when you start joining tables, there
>>| is less conflict if u use common naming conventions

WOW! Someone else that does this.

I always use the a two letter abbreviation of the table name for the
beginning of every field in said table. This is SO helpful when doing
complex joins.

My typical convention is:

(For example only)

GUESTBOOK

GB_ID
GBFIRSTNAME
GBLASTNAME
GBEMAIL
GBCOMMENTS
GBDATEADDED

I use all caps because I camelback or lowercase all other variables, and
when I run across DB variables in forms and other bits of code, I'll
know immediately those vars are coming from the database, and not
something local, though most everything is scoped.

Erika