Alrighty. You have proven that you do understand the needs of a
multi-user environment. Then why the resistance to CFLOCK'ing? That I
don't understand. I am sorry if my assumptions offend you, but I just
don't understand the need to debunk the need for semaphores.

This:
"If you're going to speculate about someone, start by making up a name.
Then
we will all feel unfettered and able to appreciate your soaring
imagination."

I don't understand. My limited intelligence is showing. :P Oops.

BTW, the DBMS wasn't DB/2, was it? I am not sure OS/2 v.1 has preemptive
multi-tasking and I think it was a 16-bit OS. I was a big fan of OS/2
Warp and OS/2 Warp v4 though (IBM WebExplorer was soo cool when it came
out! :)). :) Then Win2K happened. :D

Anyway, unlike the AS/400 OS'es, OS/2 v.1 was not meant to handle high
load like a web app would see, I think. I can be very wrong of course.
:P

James Ang
Senior Programmer
MedSeek, Inc.