> Is there an easy way to back up all the SQL server DB's and
> restore them on a separate Machine?

> I have SQL server 2K
>
> and thiry + databases ...
>
> I know how to backup each one, but was wondering if there is
> a bulk backup of the entire server.

There are a couple of options that might work for you. If this is a one-time
thing, and you can stop the source database server, you can simply copy the
database and log files to the new server, and use sp_attach_db to attach
each to the new server. Alternatively, you can use T-SQL to automate the
backup and restore process; on the source database server, run the BACKUP
DATABASE command through any database. OSQL is a handy command-line client
for doing this sort of stuff. Since you want to backup the entire server,
you'll probably want to write a T-SQL batch to query the master database to
find out about each database, then loop over that information. I'll bet you
can find a useful script for that here:

http://www.swynk.com/sqlscripts/backuprest7.asp

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/