Neil H. wrote:
> I have a customer who is running a site.  It is getting a ton of traffic and
> CF is constantly pegged at or about 99%.  I am looking for some ideas to
> suggest to the customer and his developer to improve speeds on the site.
> His database is just one table with a lot of information about the people
> who signed up First Name, Last Name, State and one more flag in addition to
> an identity.
>
> The site is www.PatriotDrive.com
>
> Please let me know what you think.

Start with the normal OS tools to find out what component is taking so
much CPU power. CF/database/webserver/Nimda etc. :)
Then go from there. If it is the database, check indexes etc. If it is
CF, turn on the logging of long running requests to find out if any
templates take an abnormal time. Benchmark queries to see if the query
times change drastically (sign the database is not having fun). Take a
look into caching. Etc. etc. etc.

If after quickly going through all this there is nothing obvious, take a
leap back and look at the application as a whole. Is the general design
sound or not?

Jochem