From: Simon Horwith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 7:00 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: sp_SpaceUsed system stored procedure...

So far... I'm finding that I can call SP's using the ODBC {call sp
(params)}
syntax.... but when I have to pass string data as arguments to the SP,
CFQUERYPARAM is required to make it work.  I haven't been able to find
any
consistency as to when I must use cfqueryparam and when it's not
required.
In the event that I need to use cfqueryparam and don't, the SP is stilll
called and no error is returned, but neither is any recordset.  This is
with
SQL Server 2000 SP2.  Our CEO, Steve Drucker, has reportedly tested
calling
SP's in this manner against SQL Server 7 without error.  He also didn't
mention having to use cfqueryparam at all.... but I really don't know
exactly what the sp's he ran looked like.

~Simon

Simon Horwith
Macromedia Certified Instructor
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer
Fig Leaf Software
1400 16th St NW, # 500
Washington DC 20036
202.797.6570 (direct line)