CFHTTP, esentially simulates a browser with a program (your program).

So, if you can communicate with both sites with a browser, then you can
do it with a CF program using CFHTTP.

To solve your particular problem, you could write a stub program for
each of the target sites (one in Perl and one in VBS).

The stubs would receive SQL Statements and data from your CF site (Form
post of a WDDX packet)

The stub would

        1. deserialize the WDDX packet
        2.  issue the db request
        3. serialize the results
        4. return the results WDDX packet to the originator

I have used this technique with great success in populating and
synchronizing remote databases where I did not have admin privileges.

HTH

Dick