Does anyone have anything concrete to say about the speed of searching using
regular expressions?  Are giant RegExes a mistake?  I am hardly seeing any
performance hit at all right now with mine, which is quite big.  Of course,
I am not live with piles of simultaneous users, either.  Am I going to hit
trouble?  Does anyone have any feedback on optimization of RegExes (i.e., is
on(click|mouseup|mousedown) much different from
onclick|onmousedown|onmouseup from on(click|(mouse(up|down)))?

TIA,
Matthieu