Hi there,
Hoping to get a few opinions on this topic. Most of my company's CF work thus far has
been custom solutions, but recently we've developed some apps that we can distribute
as a product. (ie download and install on top of CF server) One of the challenges
we've uncovered is coming up with a decent manual and help system. What we've found is
that the developers aren't always the best people to write the end-user manual - often
we'll come up with documentation that is too technical or ends up being a step-by-step
tutorial through the easiest tasks, never addressing the more difficult tasks or "the
big picture" of how and why you'd use our product.

I've worked with firms before that have their own staff of technical writers or
outsource this sort of thing; just wanted to see if anyone has any other thoughts on
the topic.

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew I. Fusfield