>> We use CFC's heavily in our application. Because they rock

good to see, Jer..more power to you

can I throw in a quick thought?

if you're wanting to make "extends" dynamic, would you consider a
"mix-in" approach where you're "decorating" the CFC with functionality
of another, as opposed to straight inheritance? different technique,
sure but very dynamic...

just a thought.
barry.b