at least there's some chat along these lines:

The Coldfusion Podcast Episode 19 - Where is Coldfusion?
http://www.coldfusionpodcast.com/node/52 (from about 5 minutes in)

they make an interesting point about Adobe marketing to people (unlike
Macromedia) - have a listen

especially when you equate "PHP's viral advertising"...which also
applies to R'on'R - how to build a "buzz" around a product

>  everyones learning .NET and/or LAMP based development these days

yeah, I've seen that. damn shame that.