Ok,

I’m not pushing a barrow or anything, but I don’t see anything in those benefits to make me want to reconsider.

·         I work mainly in code rather than WYSIWYG. In that context I appreciate that Eclipse doesn't have all that extra stuff cluttering my interface.

So do we, never touch design mode. Not sure what’s in the way.

·         A lot of the code related stuff that Dreamweaver does automatically irritates me. Not just because it doesn't fit with my style, but because I like to do things myself - it helps me keep a handle on what the code is doing.

What stuff would that be, I’m pretty sure whatever it is could be turned off.

·         I think Eclipse is a little faster. That's just an impression though.

From my experience using similar products like SmartSVN & NetBeans, Java based Client software is never faster. I have had no speed concerns in DW8, older versions yes.

I’d be interested in other feedback though, also how hard is it to customise, why can’t they do linking to livedocs from F1 or similar.

The benefits I see for Eclipse are

  1. Familiar environment between CF / FLEX / Other development
  2. Large userbase
  3. Customizable by us to make it do what we want (I think) as Adobe never seems to put the CF features we want in DW.

Regards
Dale Fraser